Friday, March 20, 2009
Please and Thank you
Sadly I feel these two words are no longer in the Vocab of most people. It is not that hard to say and it makes a large difference. This factor angers me the most at work. I am sure I would not be as bothered if I had a job in my field by now but I do not. I sell pull-tabs and people rarely say please or thank you and I still have to be nice to them because I make my money of tips. I am so ready to be done with work. I can no longer stand this job. I am looking for other jobs that are not in the legal field to get out of here but I worry about finding something a lot better because I feel that I will A) lose ambition to find a job in my field or B) like the people and the job to much that I will feel bad about leaving when I find something. I am very loyal to everything I do. My 1st job was at my ex-aunts restaurant I worked there until it closed. Second job as a housekeeper at the hotel down the road. I worked at that dump hotel until I was laid off. Then I got a job at Officemax, and I worked there for five years. The only reason I left Officemax was because my boss from there left to work for CompUSA and took me with him. Now if I could just get someone to interview me and see my loyalty I could find a job that I like useing the skills I worked my butt off in school to get. So I am done done with my rant only because durring the time it took me to write this blog I made 30 bucks and tips. Grrrr.... Ah it will work out right, that what my honey always tells me, but dose not make it any less fusterrating at the time.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
it will all work out. it just takes time. i need change in my life right now and i could do it if erik was working but that's not working out so well for him either. just hang in there. everyone keeps saying to me...well, at least you have a job right now. and as tired as i am of hearing that, they are kind of right.
ReplyDelete